Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love and War

When offered the chance to review John and Stasi Eldredge's new book, "Love and War", I eagerly accepted. I was not disappointed in any way.

This book offers so much wisdom, insight, encouragement, and even correction for married couples today. I love the fact that it was written by a husband and wife "team". Because of this style of addressing marriage, we see both partners' points of view.

I laughed, I cried, I prayed. The authors guide us into accepting two central truths: first, we each come into our marriage with past hurts, failures, and brokenness; and second, no one can heal that brokenness but God.

This treasure is a must read, but I would encourage readers to pick up a copy of "The Sacred Romance" by Eldrdge and Curtis as well. "Love and War" touches on many truths that are expounded upon in this previously written book. Having read "Romance" first gave me a clearer understanding of those truths, and I was able to see how they affected and applied to my marriage more readily than I might have otherwise.

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780385529808

No comments:

Post a Comment