Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Witness on the Run~A Fast-paced Thriller

Hope White's romantic suspense, Witness on the Run, was a fun, fast-paced, easy read.  Robin Strand witnesses a murder, then suffers from amnesia after an accident.  She holds tightly to hope in P.I. Jake Walters, who is involved not only in the investigation leading up to the murder, but also in her accident.  By sticking together they hope to regain her memory and keep her safe before the killer finds her.

I enjoyed reading this book.  The characters were believable and likable.  Though the story-line was somewhat predictable, I didn't mind because this was a "for fun" read.  My main critique would be the immediate strong attachment the characters felt towards each other.  While the author tried to explain the initial attraction as transference on Robin's part and a sense of responsibility on Jake's, it seemed a little unlikely to me.  However, that being said, I would still recommend this book to those who enjoy romantic suspense.  It would be a great summer-at-the-beach novel!

This book is a Love Inspired Suspense Harlequin novel and was provided by the author for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment