Friday, March 19, 2010

A New Cause

One of the reasons I was so excited about getting a book published was the potential opportunity for being able to financially support causes that are near and dear to my heart. My initial thought was supporting missions efforts through my church. I haven't given up on that possibility.

However, little did I know when I began the publishing process that a new cause would raise its hand and demand with urgency its worthiness for support.

In January of this year, after months of questions, my father was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. To date, there is no cure for this disease, although there are studies being done along with ongoing research.

Needless to say, my interest in finding a cure for ALS has increased a hundred fold. So in an effort to raise awareness as well as support, I am donating $1 of every copy of "Second Chance" sold to the ALS foundation through the MDA. You may purchase a copy from any online site, store, or from me personally.

I would greatly appreciate your help in supporting this cause! If you have already purchased a copy of "Second Chance", you can still help by spreading the word to friends and family. You may also make a donation straight to the ALS foundation, linked below:
http://www.als-mda.org/disease/

"Second Chance" is available at most online sites where books are sold (amazon, b&n, B-A-M, etc), as well as through my website: www.karinabharris.vpweb.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment